Content is KING on your platform; learn how to highlight your videos using all the OKAST features!
To add and manage content on your platform, go to “Contents> Catalog”. All your content is available (whatever the project), and you can easily find them through the search bar
The counter constantly informs you about the number of contents available and the remaining uploading credit (Quotas).
1. Creating / Managing Content
To add new content, click and choose the type of content you want to create: hosted or live (be careful: you will not be able to modify this later).
Now, you are on the page of creation and management of a content. By default, your new video content is called “new video”. This is an “internal” name that will not be visible to your platform viewers, but which allows you to more easily identify your content (by giving them, in addition to the title, a unique identifier for example) . At any time, you can change this name by clicking then the “enter” key on your keyboard.
Directly to the right of the name is the status indicator of your content. It could be active / scheduled / draft.
- Active = Your content is ready to go online, all required fields of the content page are well informed. If this content is included in an offer, it will be potentially visible to the subscribers of your platform.
- Scheduled = Your content is ready to be published. However, you have chosen to schedule its launch and / or stop with the timerestriction feature (see below). It will therefore be active (and visible to your viewers) only in the period that you have set up (if and only if you have also switched to ON).
- Draft = Your content is in draft until you activate it with . When it is OFF, this content will be unavailable on your platform. When you want to bring it online, switch to ON. If no time restriction is configured, it will be instantly available on your platform. Otherwise its status will be “scheduled” until the availability period applies.
2. Upload and encoding
- If you choose to create live content, simply paste the streaming URL (note: only the HLS format in https will be read).
- If you want to upload content that will be encoded and hosted, refer to our article “Uploading and encoding your content“.
If you want to display your content pages in several languages to your viewers, add new languages by clicking on . You can choose a language that is displayed by default when your user’s browser is in a language other than those existing. To remove one of the languages, simply click on
Warning: this will only affect the language version of the content, but will permanently erase all translations already entered in this language! If you delete a language inadvertently, the translations will be lost, even if you have not yet clicked on the “save” button.
Unlike the “internal name” of your content, the titles you specify will be visible to viewers. They are displayed on the page of the content, but also potentially below a smartlist thumbnails (on the homepage for example).
Even if you have chosen multiple languages, you can leave an empty field (except for the default language). In this case, the translation of the default language will be displayed. For example, you can freely choose to add “spanish” as an additional translation for the page of your content, and leave the spanish description empty -> Spanish users will see the content description in the default language.
Short descriptions are displayed on the * dialog (below) to give a preview of a content. They must not exceed 500 characters.
Long descriptions are visible when the viewer goes to the content page. Whether for short or long descriptions, our text editor allows you to enrich it (adding hypertext links, formatting, etc.). Find all the possibilities in the article “rich text editor“.
- The illustrations of your content are among the most important elements of your platform. You have the option to display specific pictures per languages. But if you want the same picture for all languages, just upload pictures on the default language.
- Depending on your design customization (in platform> layout), different formats can be displayed: banner, 16/9, poster, square.
- Caution: Respect the maximum limit of 8Mo (total size for all images). For example: if you want to display 4 different pictures formats in 2 languages, you should upload 8 illustrations (so each one should not exceed 1Mo).
- If you do not have appropriate artwork, you can upload an image that will be automatically resized by our system.
Note: we encode 3 formats for each of your illustrations (low, medium, and HD quality) to guarantee the best experience to your viewers regardless of their connection and support.
- Fill in the “casting” section with information about the team or artists who featured in your content. This information will be directly visible from the content page.
- The category of your content will be displayed on your content page
- The classification (which can be assimilated to the genre) will not be visible by the users of the platform, but it comes to help our algorithm personalize the experience of your viewers.
- When you create a new casting, a profile page is created in the menu> casting where you can create, enrich and delete them.
Fill in the copyright of each of your contents here.
To respect your licensing rights, or simply to schedule your content on your platform, you have the option to block your contents in some countries AND / OR within a time period. When you add a restriction, your content is not visible in the platform in the country and period of time you have decided.
To manage geoblocking: Enable and disable geographic restrictions with the button .
- = no geographical restriction. The content is accessible to users around the world.
- = restriction enabled. Users in unauthorized countries will not see this content. If you have a small number of countries in which you can broadcast the content click on “allow” and enter the countries in question. If, on the contrary, you wish to broadcast the content in a large number of countries, prefer to “block” and enter the countries where not to broadcast the content …
To manage a time restriction: Enable and disable time restrictions with the button .
- = no temporal restriction. The content is available as soon as its status is “active” and will remain so.
- = time restriction activated. You can set a start date AND / OR an end date for activating this content..
Add or remove content from an offer easily. It allows you to manage different level of access to contents.
Warning: adding content to an offer does not necessarily imply that it will be directly accessible or visible to users.
To be accessible to viewers, your content must be active (i.e : fully encoded streams + mandatory information content page filled + no current time restriction + associated with an offer). In this case the content will be accessible via the search, via the URL of his page, or via the casting if he is informed.
To dispaly it to your platform , it must be active AND belong to at least one smartlist, itself attached to an active component.